Darlington, Fixed Term Contract (12 Months) £26,725
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 700 Stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. Aldi won the Which? Best Supermarket in 2012, 2013 and 2015. This is in addition to being awarded Grocer of the Year 2016 where Aldi's own brand products also picked up another 40 trophies, making Aldi the most awarded retailer. Aldi also sponsor the very successful GB Olympic team who recently had a fantastic performance of their own at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
As an integral part of the operations team, tasked with the efficient and accurate running of the Trading Department, you will be one of seven Trading Administrators responsible for achieving compliance with all internal and external guidelines and regulations and contributing to the overall co-operative environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Buying Assistant looking to develop their career with an award-winning company.
Your duties will include:
- Analysing historical data to predict future stock forecasting requirements and make decisions on purchasing quantities
- Ordering products, monitoring stock levels and providing feedback to the Trading
Director on any issues.
-Receiving and sending data to Corporate and all relevant departments.
- Actioning Emergency Product Withdrawals and keeping all relevant departments informed.
- Ensuring the information required regarding Regional Buying of products is maintained.
- Processing price card orders received from stores.
- Recalling damaged/ faulty stock to the regional distribution centre and arranging for collection/
credit from suppliers.
- Responding to all customer complaints within the area of responsibility.
- Maintaining and controlling the stock for stores as per the
Key Stakeholder Communication
External – Liaise with external consultants regarding Health and Safety or Food Safety issues
Internal – Liaise with internal departments regarding quality issues and product data
To be considered for the role of Buying Assistant you must have:
- Experience in a similar role, such as Supply Chain, Purchasing, Buying or Procurement
- Experience of analysing and accurately recording volumes or data of a diverse nature.
- Experience of working in a demanding, fast paced role with multiple, strict deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure and make sound, strategic decisions autonomously
- Good Excel and Outlook skills
- Must be forward thinking, have strong negotiation skills and a professional attitude.
To apply for the role of Buying Assistant, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.