Our client is a long established liquid storage provider in Teesside. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. An opportunity has arisen for a Health Safety and Environmental Supervisor to join their team on a Permanent basis.
This is the ideal role for a Health Safety and Environmental Supervisor looking to develop their career with an award-winning company.
Job Description Summary of the Health Safety and Environmental Supervisor:
Job purpose and objectives:
· To assist with providing an effective Terminal occupational health, safety, welfare, environment & security function by developing and implementing structures, strategies, policies and procedures.
· To deputise as the competent person / principal health, safety, environmental & security advisor for the Terminal.
· To ensure that the Terminal discharges its legal obligations under health, safety, environmental & security legislation and to ensure that Navigator standards and the UK Health, Safety and Environmental policy are implemented on the terminal.
· To support the Terminal SHE Manager in his duties.
· Create within the terminal a positive Health & Safety awareness and attitude.
· Competent, safe and accurate completion of all allocated tasks is required to maintain the Quality performance of the Company.
· To give consideration to the safe movement of hazardous products during planning with staff and customers.
· To ensure the accurate and timely completion of documentation pertaining to statutory licences and permits associated with the terminals business.
· To assist in the management of waste practises and procedures and records across the Terminal.
Responsibilities & Functions:
· Support the SHE Manager in liaising with HSE, Environment Agency, Emergency Planning Unit and Local Authority.
· Ensure that all operational line managers and staff work to the Terminal procedures and in line with the UK Safety Management Systems.
· Support the SHE Manager in leading the terminal safety effort and liaising with staff in non-operational disciplines to ensure that all agreed procedures are implemented.
· Provide assistance to the SHE Manager in developing and implementing the Navigator SHE Management Systems and to ISO Standards.
· Deputise for the SHE Manager when required.
· Complete Safety Inspections, Risk Assessments, PPE Assessments, RPE Assessments, COSHH Assessments, Display Screen Assessments, Manual Handling Assessments.
· Assess product with regard to safety, classification and licences.
· Co-operate with technical and other staff in the management of contractors including: production of Permit to Work, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and identifying all hazards.
· Participate in Permit Audits, Safety Observation Rounds and Process Observation Rounds and other system and procedural audits to ensure compliance to legal and other requirements e.g. ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS 18001 / ISO45001.
· Encourage near miss reporting.
· Ensure the UK Policy and Procedure on site security is adhered to.
· Ensure all corporate sustainability KPI’s are reported as required.
· To complete month end safety reports.
· To monitor and maintain waste management.
· To liaise with other terminals to provide support and guidance when required.
· Ensure all staff work to site procedures and in line with corporate and UK Safety Health and Environment systems.
· Report and investigate the causes of accidents and incidents, recommend preventive measures. Report as required under RIDDOR.
· Manage and facilitate Terminal Safety meetings and representatives for employee safety.
· Ensure that all incidents and near misses are recorded on Enablon and that they are properly investigated and analysed.
· Any other tasks that may arise in the day-to-day functionality of this position.
To apply for the role of Health Safety and Environmental Supervisor, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Health, Safety, Supervisor, ISO14001, ISO9001, ISO45007, OHSAS 18001, Environmental, Environmental Co-ordinator, Environmental Compliance, Environmental Consultant, Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor, Compliance, Corporate Environmental Co-ordinator
Baxter Personnel 27-28 Blackwellgate, Darlington DL1 5HG
Apply online or find out more about the role