Want to be part of something special?
Deputy Store Manager – Aldi Harrogate
£9.58 - £11.15 per hour (plus an additional £4 per hour when running the store)
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 700 Stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. Aldi won the Which? Best Supermarket in 2012, 2013 and 2015. This is in addition to being awarded Grocer of the Year 2016 where Aldi’s own brand products also picked up another 40 trophies, making Aldi the most awarded retailer. Aldi also sponsor the very successful GB Olympic team who recently had a fantastic performance of their own at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
Building on the success of these awards, a planned 70 new store openings across the UK in 2017 and a £60m investment into the recent opening of a brand new, state of the art distribution centre in Cardiff, Aldi is really on the rise.
Aldi are currently looking to recruit Deputy Store Managers for their store in Harrogate. You will need to be a 'roll your sleeves up' character to help the store run as efficiently as possible. As well as assisting customers on the till and helping keep the store clean and well stocked, you will also work closely with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager - and take full responsibility for the store when they are away.
Let’s put it this way. If you like hard work and can motivate and develop a diverse team, you’re going to find this a hugely rewarding role – and one with excellent career prospects.
• Assisting in the running of the store including running the store in the absence of management
• Supporting the Store Assistants in their roles
• Ensuring happy customers and an efficient, high quality store
• Providing excellent customer service at all times both on tills and the shop floor
• Assisting in keeping the store clean, tidy and all aisles clear of debris
• Ensuring full availability of produce on the shop floor
• Previous experience in retail, supermarket background beneficial but not essential
• Confident and able to deputise for management
• Experience of working in a retail role where you have mentored or trained staff
• Ability to inspire and get the best out of your peers
• Able to offer an exceptional level of customer service
• Organised and a high level of attention to detail
• Positive attitude to work
• Flexibility to work varying shifts including weekends
Contracts available are between 30-35 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days.
There are 3 shifts available and these could start or finish up to 2 hours before or after the listed times.
• 6am - 4pm
• 10am - 8pm
• 12pm – 10pm
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to develop their retail career with a fast paced and award winning employer.
To apply for the role of Deputy Store Manager, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional keywords: retail, shop, assistant, sales assistant, customer service, food, supermarket, produce
Apply online or find out more about the role