Want to be part of something special?
Quality Control Assistant
ALDI Isle of Sheppey
£10.97 per hour
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 760 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. At the core of these stores is a busy, streamlined Distribution Centre ensuring the right goods hit the right stores in the most efficient way.
In 2015 Aldi unveiled plans to open a brand new, state of the art Distribution Centre to be based in Neats Court on the Isle of Sheppey, supporting stores across the South East of England. This investment will create 400 jobs, and we are currently looking for a team of 3 Quality Control Assistants to be part of this brand new site from the get-go.
Reporting straight into the Quality Control Leader, the Quality Control Assistants will be responsible for ensuring all fresh and short-life products are in perfect condition before leaving the warehouse and reaching customers at the stores.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Checking all stock once it is delivered to the warehouse, this consists of fruit, vegetables, bread, flowers and meat
• Ensuring all produce meets Aldi specifications – size, weight, colour, best before date, country of origin etc
• In depth checking of produce including sugar checks and pressure checks
• Taste testing of products
• Working across the warehouse which will include the chilled section
• Rejecting stock if it does not meet the required standards, passing feedback onto managers within the Quality Control team
To be considered for the role of Quality Control Assistant, you must have:
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of food safety and food hygiene would be an advantage
• Proven experience of working within a team
Hours for this role are afternoon into evening shifts (typically 12pm – 9.30pm), you can expect to work 5 out of 7 days and this will include weekends.
Please note, due to the location of the Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
If successful you will be required to undertake 3 months training prior to the site opening, this will take place at the Chelmsford Distribution Centre and transport will be provided by Aldi.
To apply for the role of Quality Control Assistant, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.