We are a well-established specialist FMCG food manufacturer based in Bodelwyddan.
We are now looking to add two Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers (Electrical Bias) to our growing maintenance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a multi-skilled engineer who is looking to join an innovative company that uses cutting edge technology.
You will be joining a small and supportive team and will have an opportunity to be involved with a wide range of activities.
They must be an enthusiastic, flexible person, who enjoys a challenge, with a “can do” attitude, as well as having the necessary technical ability
Must be time served in either an electrical or mechanical discipline to a minimum of BTech, ONC or similar and have served a minimum of 3 years in a maintenance role.
Fully multi-skilled with a broad base of both electrical and mechanical skills, including;
· Electrical/electronic fault finding on a range of equipment including;
PLC’s and microprocessor controlled equipment, servo/AC drives and motors, temperature control and monitoring, a wide variety of process transducers and feedback devices including temperature, pressure, flow, load cells, encoders and resolvers
· Electrical industrial installation, ideally to 17th edition I.E.E regulations
· Mechanical fault finding and repair, including;
Gearboxes and transmission systems, conveyors, steam systems, complex pneumatics, pumps, chilled water systems,
· Able to machine turned and milled parts as required.
· MIG, TIG, Arc welding, fabricate and modify items and repair damaged structures
· Must be able to read complex electrical and mechanical drawings
· Machinery and process installation, relocation and commissioning
· Maintain maintenance systems and procedures, including preventative and predictive maintenance, risk assessments, control of contractors and permits to work
· Carry out maintenance and safety checks to ensure the plant runs to optimum efficiency
· Maintain and advise on critical spares
· Be involved and lead continuous improvement and lean projects
· Fork lift truck and MEWP licenses would be beneficial
Ideally the candidate should be from a food industry, packaging or FMCG background.
A working knowledge of packaging machinery, multi-head weighers, conveyor systems, ovens and steam processing would be advantageous, but no essential
Persons without an industrial maintenance background will not be considered
Because of the location, you will require a full driving license and your own transport
The role is currently on a two shift pattern which is based on two engineers alternating:
There will be flexibility in hours required, to cover holidays and absence, etc., plus some weekend work as needed.
What's on offer?
Register your interest via the link shown and we will contact you to discuss your experience and tell you more about the role.
Multi-skilled engineer / electrical engineer / electrical bias / mechanical engineer / mechanical bias / shift engineer / mechanical engineer / maintenance engineer / industrial engineer / 17th Edition / FMCG / Manufacturing / Food Factory