Our client is a well-established Food Production Company based in North Wales.
This is the ideal role for a Maintenance Engineer looking to develop their career.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all machinery.
The role is for a Maintenance Engineer member reporting to the site maintenance manager
Being a small team, the maintenance team member will be involved in a wide range of activities. They must be an enthusiastic, flexible person, who enjoys a challenge, with a “can do” attitude, as well as having the necessary technical ability
Must be time served in either an electrical or mechanical discipline to a minimum of BTech, ONC or similar and have served a minimum of 3 years in a maintenance role.
Fully multi-skilled with a broad base of both electrical and mechanical skills, including;
• Electrical/electronic fault finding on a range of equipment including;
PLC’s and microprocessor controlled equipment, servo/AC drives and motors, temperature control and monitoring, a wide variety of process transducers and feedback devices including temperature, pressure, flow, load cells, encoders and resolvers
• Electrical industrial installation, ideally to 17th edition I.E.E regulations
• Mechanical fault finding and repair, including;
Gearboxes and transmission systems, conveyors, steam systems, complex pneumatics, pumps, chilled water systems,
• Able to machine turned and milled parts as required.
• MIG, TIG, Arc welding, fabricate and modify items and repair damaged structures
• Must be able to read complex electrical and mechanical drawings
• Machinery and process installation, relocation and commissioning
• Maintain maintenance systems and procedures, including preventative and predictive maintenance, risk assessments, control of contractors and permits to work
• Carry out maintenance and safety checks to ensure the plant runs to optimum efficiency
• Maintain and advise on critical spares
• Be involved and lead continuous improvement and lean projects
• Fork lift truck and MEWP licenses would be beneficial
Ideally the candidate should be from a food industry, packaging or FMCG background.
A working knowledge of packaging machinery, multi-head weighers, conveyor systems, ovens and steam processing would be advantageous, but not essential
To apply for the role of Maintenance Engineer, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance, Engineer, Repair, Engineering, Mechanical systems.
Bear with us while we connect you to a member of our team...
Chat with us now to progress your application to the next stage