Want to be part of something special?
£30,320 per annum
ALDI Isle of Sheppey
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 740 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. At the core of these stores is a busy, streamlined Distribution Centre ensuring the right goods hit the right stores in the most efficient way.
In 2015 Aldi unveiled plans to open a brand new, state of the art Distribution Centre to be based in Neats Court on the Isle of Sheppey, supporting stores across the South East of England. This investment will create 400 jobs, and we are currently looking for a Logistics Administrator to be part of this brand new site from the get-go.
You will form an integral part of the Logistics and Transport team, reporting straight into the Logistics Director.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Logistics Director’s diary
- Providing administrative support as required to the Logistics Director
- Supporting Warehouse and Transport Managers with any administration tasks
- Responsible for accident reporting on site and ensuring root cause is determined
- Coordinating the fleet of Company cars, this includes ordering new cars, dealing with insurance claims and processing mileage
- Check invoices for services and equipment in the area of responsibility
- Booking any hotels or transport requirements.
- Organising all mobile phones for new starters.
- Coordinating the Waste Management procedure including raising invoices.
- Inputting invoices and accruals on the system when required.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be an organised and proactive individual who has experience managing diary arrangements, travel and other support duties
- Have strong experience within an administration support role.
- Have experience of working in a demanding, accurate role with regular deadlines.
- Strong experience in Word and Excel
Due to the required training and location of the Regional Distribution Centre your own
transport is essential.
If successful you will be required to undertake up to 9 months training prior to the site opening in 2019. You will be based at the Chelmsford Regional Distribution Centre for the entirety of the training programme where you will be based Monday-Friday, accommodation will be provided.