Inspired Pet Nutrition is an award-winning and long-established FMCG pet food manufacturer based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
As we continue to grow, we are now hiring a Senior Health and Safety Site Manager.
What will you be doing as a Health and Safety Manager?
In a stand-alone role as a member of the Operations Team, you will drive a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the organisation ensuring that policies and practices are constantly reviewed and communicated to ensure the safety of IPN employees. You will also report top level KPIs to the board of Directors ensuring that Health and Safety strategy is in place and relevant to the business.
Your daily responsibilities will include;
• Advising and influencing directors and senior managers on all aspects of Health & Safety.
• Developing H&S KPI’s to track compliance and improvements that have been made.
• Full responsibility for compliance of the Company’s Health & Safety, developing policies and strategy to fit with the business requirements.
• Proactively advising on Health and Safety in a developing factory environment.
• Create a programme of audits and behavioural observations to ensure your health and safety initiatives are implemented.
• Full responsibility for driving a Health and Safety culture, making sure Health and Safety is on everyone’s agenda.
• Ensuring that all staff are aware of the importance of their Health and Safety responsibilities and follow safety protocols.
• Reviewing current H&S policies and updating as appropriate and implementing practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial to promote Health & Safety and safe working practices in the workplace;
• Working in conjunction with the HR department, conduct/organise Health & Safety training for staff as required, including first aid and fire safety liaising with production teams.
• Coordinating and chairing Health and Safety meetings.
• Maintaining awareness of legislation and bringing any new/revised legislation to the attention of the board and site senior management team.
• Conducting risk assessments as required by legislation and reviewing these assessments at relevant intervals and maintaining accurate records.
• Identifying areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by new or changing legislation.
• Creating and coordinating schedule of audit/inspection of all sites; reporting on findings and managing issues through to completion.
• Recommending & implementing control measures and advising on the standard of PPE issued to employees.
• Carrying out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and recording the findings on the relevant forms, corrective actions implemented through departmental management team.
• Advising the Managing Director and Operations Manager of all incidents reportable under RIDDOR.
• Liaising with third parties such as insurers, auditors, solicitors and other relevant bodies as required.
• Attending courses/seminars where appropriate to ensure best practise is maintained by the company.
• Liaising closely with the Engineering Manager and Operations Manager to ensure all corrective work is undertaken in a timely manner.
• Assisting the site Environmental Co-Ordinator with environmental initiatives;
• Any other ad hoc health and safety duties as required.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate to join our business to hold full responsibility for driving change in relation to Health and Safety. Ensuring that barriers are overcome and promote Health and Safety advocates across the business. As this is a stand-alone role, the ideal candidate will need to be able to manage their own workload with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of implementing strategy and working on your own initiative.
As well as this, we are also looking for;
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or similar role is essential.
• Experience working independently and developing processes on own intiative
• Strong team working ethos
• Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills
• Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety, such as a masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBOSH National diploma is essential;
• Clear understanding of the application of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation;
• Excellent communication skills across all levels, both verbal and written;
• Firm but professional manner, strong influencer with the ability to drive change and challenge management and staff behaviours where appropriate
What's on offer:
Please apply via the button or link shown. We will contact you to discuss your experience in more detail.