Want to be part of something special?
£30,320 per annum
Fixed Term Contract – 1 year and 11 months
Isle of Sheppey
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 740 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. At the core of these stores is a busy, streamlined Distribution Centre ensuring the right goods hit the right stores in the most efficient way.
In 2015 Aldi unveiled plans to open a brand new, state of the art Distribution Centre to be based in Neats Court on the Isle of Sheppey, supporting stores across the South East of England. This investment will create 400 jobs, and we are currently looking for a team of Purchasing Administrators to be part of this brand new site from the off-set.
As an integral part of the operations team, tasked with the efficient and accurate running of the Trading Department, you will be one of seven Purchasing Administrators. Your primary responsibility is to ensure stock availability for all stores within your region across your designated areas (i.e. Ambient, Chilled, Produce)
Your duties will include:
• Ordering products and closely monitoring stock levels
• Analysing historical data and seasonal trends to predict future stock forecasting requirements
• Liaising with suppliers regarding quality of products, logistical requirements etc, providing regular feedback to the Trading Director
• Receiving and sending data to Corporate and all relevant departments.
• Actioning Emergency Product Withdrawals and keeping all relevant departments informed.
• Ensuring the information required regarding Regional Buying of products is maintained.
• Processing price card orders received from stores.
• Recalling damaged/ faulty stock to the regional distribution centre and arranging for collection/credit from suppliers.
• Maintaining and controlling the stock for stores as per the legal requirements.
• Attending regular meetings and conference calls with suppliers and warehouse managers
Key Stakeholder Communication
External – Liaise with external suppliers regarding product quality and logistics
Internal – Liaise with internal departments regarding quality issues, product data and stock availability
To be considered for the role of Purchasing Administrator you must have:
• Experience in a similar role involving high volume order processing and stock control
• Experience of analysing and accurately recording volumes of data of a diverse nature.
• Experience of working in a demanding, fast paced role with multiple, strict deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure and make sound, strategic decisions autonomously
• Good Excel and Outlook skills
The hours for this role are 08:00 - 16:30 Monday - Friday, candidates will also be expected to work approximately 1 in 8 Saturdays with a day off in the week.
Please note, due to location of the Regional Distribution Centre, your own transport is essential
This role is on a fixed term contract of 1 year and 11 months.If successful you will be required to undertake 9 months training prior to the site opening, this will take place at the Chelmsford Distribution Centre and accommodation will be provided.
Bear with us while we connect you to a member of our team...
Chat with us now to find out more, and progress with your application