Inspired Pet Nutrition is an award-winning and long-established FMCG pet food manufacturer based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
As we continue to grow, we are now hiring a Health and Safety Adviser.
What will you be doing as a Health and Safety Adviser?
In a stand-alone role as a member of the Operations Team, you will drive a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the organisation ensuring that policies and practices are constantly reviewed and communicated to ensure the safety of IPN employees.
Your daily responsibilities will include;
· Advising directors and managers on all aspects of Health & Safety.
· Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company’s Health & Safety, making sure staff are aware of its importance and following safety protocols.
· Reviewing current H&S policies and updating as appropriate and implementing practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial to promote Health & Safety and safe working practices in the workplace;
· Working in conjunction with the HR department, conduct/organise Health & Safety training for staff as required, including first aid and fire safety liaising with production teams.
· Coordinating and chairing Health and Safety meetings.
· Maintaining awareness of legislation and bringing any new/revised legislation to the attention of the board and site senior management team.
· Conducting risk assessments as required by legislation and reviewing these assessments at relevant intervals and maintaining accurate records.
· Identifying areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by new or changing legislation.
· Creating and coordinating schedule of audit/inspection of all sites; reporting on findings and managing issues through to completion.
· Recommending & implementing control measures and advising on the standard of PPE issued to employees.
· Carrying out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and recording the findings on the relevant forms, corrective actions implemented through departmental management team.
· Advising the Managing Director and Operations Manager of all incidents reportable under RIDDOR.
· Liaising with third parties such as insurers, auditors, solicitors and other relevant bodies as required.
· Attending courses/seminars where appropriate to ensure best practise is maintained by the company.
· Liaising closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure all corrective work is undertaken in a timely manner.
· Assisting the site Environmental Co-Ordinator with environmental initiatives;
· Any other ad hoc health and safety duties as required.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate to join our business and be a driver for change in relation to Health and Safety, ensuring that barriers are overcome and promote Health and Safety advocates across the business. As this is a stand-alone role, the ideal candidate will need to be able to manage their own workload with minimal supervision.
As well as this, we are also looking for;
· Previous experience in a logistics/manufacturing environment or similar role/environment is essential.
· Experience working independently with minimum supervision.
· Strong team working ethos
· Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills
· Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety, such as a masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBOSH National diploma is essential;
· Clear understanding of the application of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation;
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
· Firm but professional manner, strong influencer with the ability to drive change and challenge management and staff behaviours where appropriate
What's on offer:
Please apply via the button or link shown. We will contact you to discuss your experience in more detail.