Want to be part of something special?
Maintenance Section Leader
ALDI Isle of Sheppey
£36,065 rising to £38,935 after Year 1
Hours: Approx 7:00am – 4:30pm
48 hour contract – Monday – Friday, although you will need to be flexible to work weekends if business needs require.
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 740 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. At the core of these stores is a busy, streamlined Distribution Centre ensuring the right goods hit the right stores in the most efficient way.
In 2015 Aldi unveiled plans to open a brand new, state of the art Distribution Centre to be based in Neats Court on the Isle of Sheppey, supporting stores across the South East of England. This investment will create 400 jobs, and we are currently looking for a Maintenance Section Leader to be part of this brand new site from the get-go.
As an integral part of the maintenance team, you will be responsible for ensuring you and your team keep the Distribution Centre in tip-top condition.
Your duties will include:
• Leading and motivating a team of Maintenance Assistants (Building & Mechanical)
• Organising the rota for the department
• Keeping accurate sickness and holiday records
• Prioritising servicing and breakdowns of all Manual Handling equipment across the Distribution Centre
• Conducting regular team meetings
• Identifying any areas for training and development of your team
• Liaising with external contractors on site
• Conducting health and safety inductions for external contractors
This is a hands on role so as well as managing a team of Maintenance Assistants, you will also be responsible for assisting wherever needed.
To be considered for the role of Maintenance Section Leader, you must have:
• Experience within maintenance – building or mechanical. Electrical qualifications would be an advantage
• Experience of leading a team
If successful you will be required to undertake training prior to the site opening in 2019. You will be based at the Chelmsford Regional Distribution Centre for the entirety of this training period (5 days per week). Accommodation will be provided by Aldi.
Please note, due to the location of the Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
To apply for the role of Maintenance Section Leader, please apply via the button or link shown.
Bear with us while we connect you to a member of our team...
Chat with us now to find out more, and progress with your application