Want to be part of something special?
Store Operations Assistant
Isle of Sheppey
£30,320 per annum
Monday – Friday, working 08:00 – 16:30
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 740 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. At the core of these stores is a busy, streamlined Distribution Centre ensuring the right goods hit the right stores in the most efficient way.
In 2015 Aldi unveiled plans to open a brand new, state of the art Distribution Centre to be based in Neats Court on the Isle of Sheppey, supporting stores across the South East of England.
Forming an integral part of this operations team tasked with the efficient and accurate running of the Store Operations Department will be six assistants. Achieving compliance with all internal and external guidelines and regulations and contributing to a co-operative environment will very much be the bread and butter of these roles.
As a Store Operations Assistant, your duties will include:
• Providing administrative support as required to the Store Operations Directors, including diary management and arrangement of travel and accommodation
• Dealing with Store Area Managers
• Monitoring of store KPI’s
• Dealing with HR/Payroll issues from Stores including writing disciplinary letters and liaising with solicitors
• Ordering new store equipment and uniforms
• Arranging interviews on behalf of Directors and organising training courses for store staff
• Maintaining appropriate backups and logs for data in the area of responsibility
To be considered for the role of Store Operations Assistant you must have:
• Experience in a similar role, such as HR Assistant, Recruitment Assistant or Personal Assistant
• Excellent Communication Skills (Oral & Written).
• Strong Excel skills
• Ability to use own initiative.
Additionally, you must possess high levels of accuracy and attention to detail whilst being able to work to tight deadlines.
Due to the required training and location of the Regional Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
If successful you will be required to undertake up to 9 months training prior to the site opening in 2019. You will be based at the Chelmsford Regional Distribution Centre for the entirety of the 9 month training programme where you will be based Monday-Friday, accommodation will be provided.