Want to be part of something special?
Warehouse Section Leader
ALDI Isle of Sheppey
£36,065 rising to £38,935 after Year 1
We have two shifts available:
Day Shifts: Start time of 4-5am
Afternoon Shifts: Start time of 12pm
48 hour contracts – working 5 out of 7 days which will include some weekends
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 740 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. At the core of these stores is a busy, streamlined Distribution Centre ensuring the right goods hit the right stores in the most efficient way.
In 2015 Aldi unveiled plans to open a brand new, state of the art Distribution Centre to be based in Neats Court on the Isle of Sheppey, supporting stores across the South East of England. This investment will create 400 jobs, and we are currently looking for Warehouse Section Leaders to be part of this brand new site from the get-go.
As a Warehouse Section Leader, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the department. (Ambient, Fresh Produce or Long life Chill).
Your duties will include:
• Leading and motivating a team of Warehouse Operatives and Deputies
• Organising the rota for the department
• Dealing with HR related matters including disciplinaries, performance management and keeping accurate sickness and holiday records
• Monitoring KPI’s of your staff and dealing with any under-performance issues
• Conducting regular 1-1’s with your team and identifying any training and development areas
• Providing regular feedback to the Section Manager on performance of the department
• Ensuring products are stored correctly in the Distribution Centre and controlling the stock rotation.
• Responsible for Health and Safety in the Distribution Centre
To be considered for the role of Warehouse Section Leader, you must have:
• Strong attention to detail with good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Must have led a team and been responsible for performance and disciplinary management.
• Experience of working within a physically demanding environment.
• Experience of working in a targeted, highly pressurised environment.
If successful you will be required to undertake up to 9 months training prior to the site opening. You will be based at the Chelmsford Regional Distribution Centre for the entirety of this training period (5 days per week). Accommodation will be provided by Aldi.
Please note, due to the location of the Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
To apply for the role of Warehouse Section Leader, please apply via the button or link shown.
Additional Keywords: Team Leader, Section Leader, Warehouse, Retail, Shift Manager, Production, Distribution, Manufacturing, Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader Stores, Goods In, MHE, FLT, Chiller, Freezer, Ambient.