Want to be part of something special?
£10.97 per hour, rising to £12.36 after 1 year
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 740 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Assistant to join one of their busiest Distribution Centres based in Chelmsford.
As a Maintenance Assistant, you will be responsible for the day to day servicing and repairs of Manual Handling Equipment (MHE).
Your duties will include:
- Responsible for the servicing and repairs of Pump Lifts, Pick Trucks, Trollies, Cleaning equipment, Batteries and Chargers.
- Breakdown maintenance including key barrel changes, wheel replacements, small mechanical and electrical fixes
- Creating and following job lists and ensuring KPI’s for turnaround times are met.
- Update all relevant paperwork and keep relevant departments informed of the progress of jobs.
- Liaise with outside contractors for any jobs that you are unable to fix.
To be considered for the role of Maintenance Assistant, you must have:
- Experience in a similar role such as Service Engineer, Mechanic, Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Vehicle Technician.
- Able to work in a fast paced, pressurised environment whilst maintaining exceptional standards
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaise effectively with other internal departments and external contractors
- Ability to prioritise work and be reactive to urgent jobs
- Work on own initiative and be able to work as a team
- Committed to role and willing to work flexible hours to meet business demands.
The working hours for this role are 7.30am – 4pm Monday to Friday, although you will be required to work 1 in 4 weekends.
Aldi offers great career prospects and the opportunity to progress to a Deputy or Section Leader within the maintenance team.
Due to the location of the Regional Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
To apply for the role of Maintenance Assistant, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Maintenance Assistant, Repairs, MOT Technician, Vehicle Technician, FLT, Engineer, Mechanic, Mechanical, Electrical, Breakdown