Our client is a long established manufacturing company. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. An opportunity has arisen for an Environmental, Health and Safety Co-ordinator to join their team on a Permanent basis.
This is the ideal role for an Environmental, Health and Safety Co-ordinator looking to develop their career with an award-winning company.
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety and Environmental Co-ordinator, to support departmental managers with ensuring that we adhere to all currently legislation and to manage the Health and Safety and Environmental Systems. Reporting to the HR Manager, this is an exciting new role that will require an individual with strong organisational and interpersonal skills to develop the current systems and implement new systems as required.
Job Description Summary of the Environmental, Health and Safety Co-ordinator:
• Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are kept up to date, are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated throughout the business.
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations, looking at how risks can be reduced
• Development implementation of SSW and method statements
• Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented and company reports issued.
• Monitoring of H&S KPI’s
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
• Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
• Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks which ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented
• Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company, including basic H&S, manual handling and fire awareness
• Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
Job Holder Requirements:
To apply for the role of Environmental, Health and Safety Co-ordinator, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Environmental, Environmental Co-ordinator, Environmental Compliance, Environmental Consultant, Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor, Compliance, Corporate Environmental Co-ordinator
Baxter Personnel 27-28 Blackwellgate, Darlington DL1 5HG