Our client is a highly-esteemed energy management and technical engineering consultancy based near Bristol.
They work with some of the biggest names in retail and property management industries. They have recently expanded in the UK and Ireland and as a result, they are now looking to add a new Consulting Engineer / Senior Consulting Engineer to join their Operations Team.
About the Role
As a Consulting Engineer, you will be supporting the Operations team in the management and delivery of projects, contract and energy management services, general technical consultancy and work as a designated and trusted advisor to their clients.
What you’ll be involved in:
· Technical engineering and general electrical surveys;
· Plant maintenance and performance reviews, surveys and audits;
· Planned maintenance formation, specifications and tendering;
· Asset surveys, compliance reviews and audits;
· Plant condition reviews, lifecycle and preparation of capital expenditure forecasts;
· Energy audits and surveys;
· The production of reports and technical papers.
What you’ll need to succeed:
· The successful candidate will have a minimum of a technical education certificate to a National Certificate level three or equivalent in a relevant subject;
· You will also need solid mathematical skills and experience of technical report writing.
· In terms of experience – ideally, you will have background within a relevant building services, energy management or maintenance sector; or if you are a graduate, you will need to have undertaken technical studies and subject matter in buildings services/energy management practice or environmental science;
· You must be proficient in the use of MS Excel and Office applications and understand Health & Safety and safe systems of work.
· There might be times when you will be deployed nationwide and Ireland at a short notice so you must be prepared to stay away from home from time to time (under rare circumstances for anything up to four nights at a time);
· Because of the nature of the work, you will also require a full driving license.
It would be great (but not essential) if you were:
· Educated to Higher National or Degree standard in a related discipline;
· Registered with the UK Engineering Council at Engineering Technician (EngTech) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) level or;
· Prepared to work towards Chartered Energy Manager / Engineer status with support and mentoring of the business as appropriate;
· Operated as a Technical Facilities or Building Manager or Building Services Practioner;
· Interested in Energy Management - energy profiles, energy data and characteristics;
· Experienced in statistical analysis and manipulation of data.
What are the rewards?
· £40,000 - £45,000 base salary (subject to skills and experience);
· Company car or car allowance;
· Company Profit Share Scheme;
· Loyalty Bonus;
· Company Pension;
· 25 days holiday per annum (plus public holidays).
In addition to the great compensation package, you can also expect an on-going support and mentorship to aid the achievement of your professional development goals.
Consulting Engineer / Senior Consulting Engineer / Building Services Engineer / Energy Consultant / Energy Management / Technical Facilities Manager / Building Services Manager / Energy Project Manager
Bear with us while we connect you to a member of our team...
Chat with us now to find out more, and progress with your application