Want to be part of something special?
Quality Control Leader
ALDI Isle of Sheppey
£44,940 per annum
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 740 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. At the core of these stores is a busy, streamlined Distribution Centre ensuring the right goods hit the right stores in the most efficient way.
In 2015 Aldi unveiled plans to open a brand new, state of the art Distribution Centre to be based in Neats Court on the Isle of Sheppey, supporting stores across the South East of England. This investment will create 400 jobs, and we are currently looking for a Quality Control Leader to be part of this brand new site from the get-go.
Reporting straight into the Trading Director, the Quality Control Leader has day to day responsibility for the department. Alongside your team you will be responsible for ensuring all fresh and short-life products are in perfect condition before leaving the warehouse and reaching customers at the stores.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Processing orders from stores for all fresh and short-life products including fruit, vegetables, bakery goods, meat, poultry, milk and flowers
• Placing orders with suppliers and liaising with them in regards to deliveries, stock availability, etc
• Checking all stock once it is delivered to the warehouse, ensuring it matches Aldi standards and specifications (size, weight, colour etc)
• Report writing of any faulty stock and passing feedback onto the trading and buying teams
• Providing ongoing feedback to the trading and buying teams regarding supplier’s performance
• Supervising a team of 5 – 8 Assistants and Deputies, allocating daily work tasks
• Organising the department rota including breaks, holidays and sickness
• Conducting 1-1’s and performance reviews with each member of the team, identifying training needs
• Responsibility for the department’s KPI’s
To be considered for the role of Quality Control Leader, you must have:
• Experience within a Quality Control role, ideally within the food and catering sector
• Knowledge of food safety and food hygiene
• Proven experience of managing and developing teams
Hours for this role are afternoon into evening shifts (typically Monday – Friday 12pm – 9.30pm), although as you would expect with a role of this seniority you may be required to work the occasional weekend to meet business demands. You will be employed on a 48-hour contract.
This is an extremely fast paced, demanding and ever changing role. Applicants must be able to prioritise workloads not only for themselves but for their team.
Please note, due to the location of the Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
If successful you will be required to undertake 6 months training prior to the site opening, this will take place at the Chelmsford Distribution Centre and accommodation will be provided.
To apply for the role of Quality Control Leader, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Food Inspection, Fresh Food Manager