Our Client are a well know independent retailer. Innovative and dynamic, they constantly pursue ways to improve their products and services. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Retail Manager to manage the delicatessen and wine department.
The main responsibility are the day to day and annual planning and development of profitable operations in both Departments. Operations include the sales process and its development, merchandising, stock order and control and effective communications with other Departments and Managers. The job holder must be able to demonstrate both a wide knowledge of the food and wine business sector and have a passion for fine food and wine. The jobholder will be responsible for the combined departments turnover and will delegate jobs as required.
• Responsibility for the day-to day management of the Delicatessen and Wine departments staffing, sales and profit maximisation including pricing, cost control and labelling
• Responsibility for ordering, price negotiation and range selection for the Delicatessen department and Wine department. The Wine Department ordering will be in consultation with the Wine Consultant. Additional ordering as required for other departments
• Managing department budgets and financial goals including preparation and analysis of reports
• Sourcing and selecting new products by attending National and International trade fairs such as SIAL Paris, NEC Food & Drink Show Birmingham and IFE London
• Travelling as required to liaise with existing suppliers in the UK, to maintain and develop working relationships and to negotiate prices and improve overall performances,
• Accountability for effective and attractive merchandising, visual presentation and developing promotional strategies to drive sales and profitability, ensuring good practice for stock rotation and wastage monitoring.
• Overseeing the organisation of promotional events including regular updating and refreshing of the wine web site in consultation with the IT Support Manager.
• Dealing with online enquiries
• Attending promotional events including food and wine tastings.
• Responsibility for recruitment, evaluation of staff performance and feedback, dealing with staffing issues, preparation of staff rotas, leave arrangements, disciplinary procedures
• Managing, training and coaching a team including: Customer service, product knowledge and counter service
• Providing a first-class customer service including serving, advising customers, dealing with customer complaints and counter service to customers
• Analysing past sales patterns using statistical data from EPOS system reports and gather customers feedback to understand their needs and anticipate trends in consumers buying pattern
• Responsibility for the chilled packing operation
• Developing excellent long term supplier and customer relations to ensure supplier support for all aspects of the business and manage customer expectations
• Responsibility for the procurement of consumables and equipment, maintenance contracts for the food departments
• Overseeing the wine department diary, which should forward record all events, special order collection dates (such as glass loan, or collections of pre orders),
• Liaising with internal and external customers to fully understand their needs and ensuring maximum product availability
• Responsible for maintaining and updating scales Eureka software and involvement with EPOS system
• Assist with serving on the counter to cover breaks/holidays/busy periods.
• Being premises key holder
ENSURING COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATION AND LAWS
• Review of the efficiency of systems in place
• Date checking, Stock rotation and dealing with short dated products
• Labelling (pre-pack/service counter)
• Maintain all record sheets
o Temperature check (Fridge and freezer units/Delivery temperature sheets)
o Cooking and cooling temperature sheets
o Date check sheet (counter/stock and self-service fridge)
o Due diligence book
o Hazard analysis book
• Compliance with Environment and Health and Trading standard regulations, trading standard and Health and Safety procedures, Hazard Analysis Critical point (HACCP), due diligence and Lewis and Company rules and procedures.
To apply for the role of a Delicatessen & Wine Manager, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Key Words: Retail manager, Deli manager, Wine manager, shop manager, retail, shopping, wine, food retail, supermarket, convenience store, delicatessen
Baxter Personnel: Darlington, DL1 5HG