Accounts Assistant - Initial 12 Month Fixed Term CCardiff, Wales
View Job Description
Want to be part of something special?
Aldi Regional Distribution Centre
Contract Position for 12 months initially
Aldi has over 730 UK stores and is the fastest growing retailer opening an additional 70+ stores per year. This growth has seen Aldi attract over 1 million new customers in to its stores compared to 2016. Aldi has won numerous awards within the supermarket industry recently including Grocer of the year 2016. Aldi also sponsor the very successful GB Olympic team and actively promote healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.
As an Accounts Assistant you will be part of an integral team tasked with the efficient and accurate running of the Property Department during Aldi’s exciting period of new store openings and existing store upgrades.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Assistant looking to develop their career with an award-winning company.
Your duties will include:
- Stamping and checking the calculation of invoices for construction, equipment and services, ensuring the correct allocation to investors.
-Maintaining a requested funds log, invoice logs and monitoring costs and accruals as required.
- Producing new site details and site sale details.
- Controlling all service charges, lease and rent information.
-Completing construction industry scheme records for construction works.
- Obtaining object numbers from Corporate and inputting the relevant site details on the system.
- Ensuring that all new site/ store information is entered on the system.
- Ensuring that all costs in the system reconcile with the relevant accounts on a monthly basis.
- Inputting invoices and accruals on the system when required.
- Providing information regarding the financial projection and annual budget.
- Checking invoices for services and equipment in the area of responsibility following company procedures.
To be considered for the role of Accounts Assistant, you must have:
- AAT, ACCA, CIMA qualification (or similar)
- Experience in a busy Accounts role
- Construction or similar industry background desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a demanding, accurate role with regular deadlines.
- Good Excel and Outlook skills.
Additionally, you must be forward thinking, compliant, have strong initiative and a professional attitude.