Warehouse Operative (Steel Industry)Thirsk, England
View Job Description
Our client is a long established company. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. An opportunity has arisen for a number of Warehouse Operative to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis.
This is the ideal role for a Warehouse Operative looking to develop their career with an award-winning company in the steel industry.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be responsible for signing off delivered goods in and distributing them into their correct unit.
Your duties will include:
- Receive stock deliveries, inspection of delivery and unloading safely
- Picking and packing items for dispatch
- Using band saws to cut steel
- working shift patterns when required - ESSENTIAL
- Labelling and putting stock in correct location
- Understanding and completion of paperwork
- Cleaning of the warehouse
- Stock check and relaying information back to relevant departments
- Other duties as required
To be considered for the role of a Warehouse Operative you must have:
- Experience in an industrial warehouse / manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of the steel industry
- Fantastic attention to detail
- The availability to work night shifts
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent punctuality
Additionally, you must possess your own transport due to the location of the client.
To apply for the Warehouse Operative role, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.