Want to be part of something special?
Assistant Store Manager
£31,300 - £38,170
• Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 730 Stores in the UK, with planned future openings to reach 1000 stores by 2022
• Grocer of the Year 2017
• Team GB Sponsors
Building on the success of these awards, a planned 70 new store openings every year across the UK and investment into the opening of a brand new, state of the art distribution centre in Kent in 2019, Aldi is really on the rise.
Aldi is currently looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Store Manager to run their store and help contribute to their ongoing success. As an Assistant Store Manager no two days are the same. One day could find you helping the Store Manager sort out deliveries, place orders or deal with customer complaints. The next, you might be focused on people management and performance issues or organising holiday rotas for the team.
At the same time you’ll handle the over-riding goals of helping maximise sales in your store, ensuring great customer service, minimising costs and optimising productivity.
And all the while you’ll receive regular feedback on your performance from your Store Manager and Area Manager.
Let’s put it this way. If you like hard work and can motivate and develop a diverse team, you’re going to find this a hugely rewarding role – and one with excellent prospects.
Your duties will include:
• Support your Manager with leading your store team, providing each Store Assistant with clear direction of responsibility.
• Take responsibility for running the store in your Store Managers absence
• Plan ahead to ensure your store is running efficiently
• Motivate staff to ensure customers receive outstanding service levels
• Ensure Aldi customers always have access to the highest quality and freshest products
To be considered for the role of Assistant Store Manager you must:
• Have experience leading a team to achieve excellent levels of customer service
• Have experience in an Assistant Management/Team Leader role within retail or another fast paced, varied environment
• Previous experience managing store KPI’s
• Be a confident communicator so you can clearly share information with your team to ensure your staff understand their role, responsibilities and go the extra mile for the customer
• Be able to problem solve and deal with unexpected challenges
• Take responsibility for achieving results and motivating your team
• Share your knowledge and experience to help develop your Store Assistants
• Be flexible in working hours to meet company and customer demands
Shift hours and contract
The contract is full time and permanent, working 5/7 days which includes some weekend work with 3 shifts available. All managers will have an 11 hour gap between shifts but managers are required to be fully flexible across the week days/nights. The contracts are 48hours a week with 8-10hours per day, each shift could start or finish up to 2 hours before or after the stated times.
• Morning Manager 6am – 4pm
• Ordering Manager 10am – 8pm
• Evening Manager 12pm – 10pm
Bear with us while we connect you to a member of our team...
Chat with us now to progress your application to the next stage