Want to be part of something special?
£53,340 per annum
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 700 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. At the core of these stores is a busy, streamlined Distribution Centre ensuring the right goods hit the right stores in the most efficient way.
The Maintenance team play an integral part in ensuring the Distribution Centre is kept in tip-top condition so it can run at maximum efficiency.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Manager to join the Chelmsford Distribution Centre, one of the busiest in the world. This is a senior role within the business and you will report straight into the Logistics Director.
As Maintenance Manager you will have overall responsibility for the department including budget control, personnel and key decision making in the maintenance and up-keep of the building.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Sole responsibility for the department budget, presenting figures monthly to the Logistics Director
• Managing a team of 8 – 9 staff consisting of Maintenance Assistants, Deputies and Section Leaders
• Responsible for staff recruitment, training, welfare and health and safety within the department
• Organising staff rotas, including holiday requests and sickness records
• Overall responsibility for service schedules, building maintenance and servicing of manual handling equipment (MHE) to comply with Aldi standards and legal requirements
• Responsible for sourcing contractors, building and maintaining relationships with external companies
• Negotiating costs with external companies and contractors for work to be completed
• Putting together business plans and tenders to be presented to Directors for new equipment or facilities
• Recommending cost savings across the site, focussing on energy management and carbon reduction
• Managing contractors on site, conducting site inductions and overseeing work
To be considered for the role of Maintenance Manager, you must have:
• Previous management experience within building maintenance
• Electrical or maintenance qualifications, ideally with an understanding of building drawings
• Previous experience in cost control and managing large financial budgets
Hours for this role are typically Monday – Friday, although as you would expect with a role of this seniority you may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet business demands. You will also be a registered key holder and will be expected to attend any emergency call outs.
This is an extremely fast paced, demanding and ever changing role. Applicants must be able to prioritise workloads not only for themselves but for their team, as well as making key decisions that will impact the Distribution Centre.
In return, Aldi offers a competitive salary and benefits including:
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Company pension
• Medical insurance
• Comprehensive training
Please note, due to the location of the Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
To apply for the role of Maintenance Manager, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Maintenance Manager, Building Manager, Facilities Manager