Want to be part of something special?
£10.97 per hour, rising to £12.36 after 1 year
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 700 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022.
We are currently looking for 2 x Maintenance Assistants to join one of their busiest Distribution Centres based in Chelmsford.
As a Maintenance Assistant, your role will be to support all aspects of the Distribution Centre ensuring each area and department is in tip-top condition for it to be able to run at maximum efficiency.
Your duties will include:
• Responsible for repairs including minor plumbing and electrical works as well as painting and decorating
• DIY tasks, i.e. putting together desks and units as well as repairing doors, hinges, knobs, windows, lightbulbs, signage etc
• Providing repairs to heavy duty industrial equipment such as racking and railings on the warehouse floor
• Performing health and safety checks on manual handling equipment, alarms etc
• Creating and following job lists and ensuring KPI’s for turnaround times are met.
• Updating all relevant paperwork and keeping relevant departments informed of the progress of jobs.
• Liaising with outside contractors for any jobs that you are unable to fix.
To be considered for the role of Maintenance Assistant, you must have:
• Experience in a similar role such as Facilities Assistant, Maintenance Assistant, Building Assistant, General Builder, Handyman, Caretaker or similar
• Able to work in a fast paced, pressurised environment whilst maintaining exceptional standards
• Excellent communication skills and able to liaise effectively with other internal departments and external contractors
• Ability to prioritise work and be reactive to urgent jobs
• Work on own initiative but be an effective team player also
The working hours for this role are 7am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday, although you will be required to work 1 in 3 weekends. Aldi offers great career prospects and the opportunity to progress to a Deputy or Section Leader within the maintenance team.
Please note, due to the location of the Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
To apply for the role of Maintenance Assistant, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Facilities Assistant, Building Assistant, General Builder, Handyman, DIY, Repairs, Maintenance, Caretaker.