Production Planning Assistant | Thirsk | £24,000 - £28,000
Due to continued growth, our prestigious client has created a brand new position for a Planning Assistant to join their Planning & Materials department.
They are an award-winning and a family owned food manufacturing company that has expanded rapidly in the past few years.
This is a brand new role created
to aid efficient running of manufacturing plant through accurate raw material & finished goods control.
As a Production Planning Assistant, you will be ensuring accurate stocks are maintained and monitored throughout the planning and production process.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working with Account Managers to develop demand forecasts .
- Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data and evaluate forecast results.
- Collating and analysing data using previous trends and projected demands
- Reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Support the supply planning team on new product launches and phase outs
- Reviewing sales plans
- Daily input of raw material and WIP stock.
- Raw material stock control and ordering, ensuring just-in-time supply management to meet the production plan requirements, achieving an efficient flow of material, eliminating potential issues due to space limitations.
- Using MRP to place orders for bulk and non-bulk raw materials against agreed contracts and purchase of spot price ingredients to ensure
- You will have previous experience in a similar role and are used to working independently with minimum supervision
- It’s important that you have great knowledge and experience of forecasting and strong analytical skills
- You also have high levels of accuracy and strong numeracy and literacy skills
- As a successful Planning Assistant, you are able to demonstrate excellent
organisational skills and strong team working ethos
- Needless to say, you must be proficient in standard Microsoft applications including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
What’s on Offer?
- Base salary £24,000-£28,000
- Discretionary Bonus
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounted Products
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking
- Team days out
Please apply via the button or link shown. We will contact you to discuss your experience in more detail.
Planning Assistant / Scheduling / Forecasting / Production / Supply Chain / Logistics / Scheduler / Controller / Planner / FMCG / Manufacturing /