Our client is an established public sector organisation. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services they offer. An opportunity has arisen for a Supplies Assistant to join their team on a long term temporary basis with an immediate start.
This is the ideal role for a Supplies Assistant looking to develop their career with an award-winning company.
As a Supplies Assistant you will be responsible for accurately recording all intake of stock.
Your duties will include:
- To receive incoming electronic requisitions, check authority and process correctly authorised persons.
- To manage and maintain such electronic and written records as may be required.
- To prepare statistical information as required by the Supplies Officer or any other Senior Officer.
- To alert the Supplies Officer to changes in issuing patterns and developing stock shortages.
- To receive, check and record deliveries.
- To receive invoices and promptly prepare these for authorisation and payment.
- To make local deliveries and collections as required and to undertake deliveries to Fire Stations as required. (Possession of a current driving licence is a requirement of this post.)
- To place Purchase Orders under the guidance and supervision of the Supplies Officer.
- To share responsibility with other Supplies Department staff for good housekeeping within the department.
- To attend such training courses and seminars as appropriate.
- To provide clerical support to the Senior Procurement Officer
- To assist with periodic stock control procedures
To be considered for the role of a Supplies Assistant you must have:
- Proven working experience in a stores environment
- Excellent experience of Microsoft Packages
- Attentiveness to accuracy and detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Experience of purchasing
Additionally, you MUST possess a private light goods vehicle licence for the use of the clients vehicles.
To apply for the role of a Warehouse Stock Controller, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Stock Controller, Stock Control, Stock Coordinator, Stock Manager, Stock Control Administrator, Allocator, Stock Clerk, Stock Control Clerk,
Baxter Personnel 27-28 Blackwellgate, Darlington DL1 5HG
Apply online or find out more about the role