Want to be part of something special?
Order Picker (Night Shifts)
Shifts start at 11pm, finishing at approx. 7am
£11.94 per hour, rising to £13.53 after 1 year
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 700 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022.
We are currently looking for Order Pickers to join one of their busiest Distribution Centres based in Chelmsford. We have roles available within the Ambient department.
As an Order Picker, your role will be to achieve service levels at all times, whilst contributing to an efficient and co-operative working environment, optimum productivity and minimal inventory loss.
Your duties will include:
• Selecting products accurately and efficiently, ensuring care in the handling and positioning of stock to minimise damage and optimise pallet height/ stability.
• Achieving the set picking targets
• Ensuring completed pallets are secured and clearly marked with the correct store number and placed in the correct despatch lane.
• Operating the Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) in a safe and efficient manner, reporting any faults to the Maintenance Manager and ensures the trucks are put on charge supply at the end of the shift.
• Ensuring the workplace is kept clean and tidy and ensures all spillages/ breakages are cleared immediately.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• Be fit, healthy and able to undertake a physically demanding role
• Be a team player and able to achieve both individual and team targets
• Be flexible in working hours as shift length can vary dependent on stock volumes
• Appreciation of safe working practices and its importance in the workplace
No experience needed as full training will be given. You will work a 4 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off shift pattern and be contracted to 30 hours per week (candidates can expect to work on average 35-40 hours)
Applicants from varying backgrounds will be considered, so if you are hard-working, enjoy physical work and want to be part of a stable and growing company then we want to hear from you.
Due to the location of the Regional Distribution Centre, and the hours of this role your own transport is essential
To apply for the role of Order Picker, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords – Warehouse, Storeman, Factory, Production, Manufacturing, Operative, Labour, Retail, Distribution, FLT, Goods In, Loader, Customer Service.
Apply online or find out more about the role