Temporary Order Picker - Day Shifts (Mornings)
Shifts are either 5am/6am starts (finish times approx. 1pm/2pm)
£9.58 per hour
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 700 stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022.
Their newest Distribution Centre opened in Cardiff in March 2017 and we currently have opportunities for Temporary Order Pickers to join this fast paced environment.
As an Order Picker, your role will be to achieve service levels at all times, whilst contributing to an efficient and co-operative working environment, optimum productivity and minimal inventory loss.
Your duties will include:
• Selecting products accurately and efficiently ensuring care in the handling and positioning of stock to minimise damage and optimise pallet height/ stability.
• Achieving the set picking targets
• Ensuring completed pallets are secured and clearly marked with the correct store number and placed in the correct despatch lane.
• Operating the Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) in a safe and efficient manner, reporting any faults to the Maintenance Manager and ensures the trucks are put on charge supply at the end of the shift.
• Ensuring the workplace is kept clean and tidy and ensures all spillages/ breakages are cleared immediately.
To be considered for these opportunities, you must demonstrate the following:
• Be fit, healthy and able to undertake a physically demanding role
• Be a team player and able to achieve both individual and team targets
• Be flexible in working hours as shift length can vary dependent on stock volumes
• Appreciation of safe working practices and its importance in the workplace
Candidates can expect to work a minimum of 30 hours per week, and will work a 4 on 2 off shift pattern. These roles are temporary and could become permanent for the right candidate.
We are looking for candidates to start ASAP so candidates must be available to attend interview and start at short notice.
Due to the location of the Regional Distribution Centre your own transport is essential
To apply for the role of Order Picker, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords – Warehouse, Storeman, Production, Manufacturing, Operative, Labour, Retail, Distribution, FLT, Goods In, Loader.
Apply online or find out more about the role