Want to be part of something special?
12 month fixed term contract
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 700 Stores in the UK. Aldi’s growth plan will mean they will have 1000+ stores by 2022. Aldi were voted Supermarket of the year and best employer at the Grocer Awards earlier this year.
Building on the success of these awards, a planned 80 new store openings across the UK in 2017 and the £60m investment into the opening of this brand new, state of the art distribution centre in Cardiff in March, Aldi are really going places. Aldi now have the opportunity for a SAP experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team initially on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity. This is during a crucial and exciting time when Aldi are rolling out a new SAP system throughout the business.
Your duties will include:
- Reconciling cash sheets on a weekly basis and liaising with the bank and Area Managers in case of differences.
- Producing weekly, monthly and annual sales reports.
- Processing expenses and raising manual cheques.
- Checking the calculation of invoices and entering the invoices on the accounts payable system.
- Controlling and reconciling bank statements ensuring all entries have the correct supporting documentation.
- Paying in cheques into the Company’s current account and cashing petty cash cheques.
- Producing a monthly Balance Sheet.
- Completing the VAT return on a regular basis.
- Processing practical completion and final accounts information.
- Maintaining and controlling petty cash.
- Maintaining an efficient and well organised filing system for the department.
To be considered for the role of Accounts Assistant, you must have:
- SAP experience.
- Experience in a similar role, such as Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Assistant Accountant or Accounts Administrator.
- AAT or CIMA/ACCA preferred but SAP experience more important
- Intermediate Excel and Outlook skills
- Confidence to join a fast paced environment and learn quickly
Additionally, you must possess high levels of accuracy and attention to detail whilst being able to work to tight deadlines.
Please note, due to the location of the Regional Distribution Centre your own transport would be beneficial.
To apply for the role of Accounts Assistant, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Accounts Officer, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, Accounts, Accounting, Accountancy, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Credit Control Assistant, Finance, Financial, Retail
Apply online or find out more about the role