Want to be part of something special?
Buying Assistant (Produce)
£29,800 per annum
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 700 Stores in the UK. Aldi’s growth plan will mean they will have 1000+ stores by 2022. Aldi were voted Supermarket of the year and best employer at the Grocer Awards earlier this year.
Building on the success of these awards, a planned 80 new store openings across the UK in 2017 and a £60m investment into the opening of a brand new, state of the art distribution centre in Cardiff in March, Aldi are really going places. Aldi now have the opportunity for three Buying Assistants to join the Produce team at the Aldi Corporate Head Office in Atherstone.
As an integral part of the Aldi team, you will be the first point of contact for all Suppliers in your category. You will manage the supply of products into Aldi’s regional distribution centres across the UK, ensuring any shortfall in quality or supply is covered. You will be responsible for monitoring and analysing the performance of suppliers and their products in store, reporting your findings to the Buying Director of your category. You will also be key in supporting your Director at the pre-tender stage of bringing in new suppliers or products into the Aldi range including market analysis, product reviews and competitor analysis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most exciting retail companies in the UK.
Your duties will include:
• Supporting your Buying Director with full tender process for new suppliers and products
• Liaising by email and phone with Aldi suppliers regarding the availability, supply and quality of products
• Working with multiple or ‘back up’ suppliers to plug in gaps in product supply to ensure all stores are stocked
• Conducting market and competitor analysis regarding product performance, trends and new product lines
• Monitoring Aldi product performance in store (Gap Analysis)
• Physical quality testing of products/packaging to ensure they meet quality standards
• Complete all associated administration duties audits
• All other associated duties which may include:
o PR – including events and marketing materials
o Producing updates for Aldi website
o Production of new artwork for product packaging
To be considered for the role of Buying Assistant you must have:
• Experience in a similar field including Buying or Procurement Assistant, Quality Administrator or Analyst
• Experience in a relevant role with retail or food industries is desirable but not essential
• High level of experience in the analysis of large data sets
• Able to produce reports used at Director level
• Confident and professional communicator who is able to sound, strategic decisions autonomously
• A competent problem solver you can work effectively under pressure
• Good IT skills, in particular MS Excel
• Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• A real team player who will support the whole team in achieving their goals
Due to the location of the Aldi corporate head office you will ideally have your own transport. Free, onsite parking is provided.
To apply for the role of Buying Assistant, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional keywords: Buying, Buyer, Purchasing, Procurement, Audit, Auditor, Quality, Administrator, Admin, Assistant, Analyst, Excel, Data, Retail, Technical, Product