- Position: Packing Hall Operator
- Location: Dalton Industrial Estate
- Working Hours: 48 hours per week
- Shift Pattern: rotating shift pattern days (6am-6pm) and nights (6pm-6am)
- Salary: £22,813 p/annum, rising to £24,585 p/annum after full training
Our client is a family owned award-winning food manufacturer based in the rural town of Thirsk, North Yorkshire. They are known for their training and great progression opportunities they have on offer.
What will you be doing as a Packing Hall Operator?
As a member of the Packing Team, you will provide consistently high quality, safe and legal products on time.
Our client has heavily invested in new technologies to surround you with the best equipment for you to produce the best work you can. They provide high-quality training for using the new technology, as well as providing training for Fork Lift Trucks and other vehicles they use.
Your daily responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring the highest level of quality is maintained throughout the production, alongside the regulations of Food Safety legislation, standards and requirements.
- Selecting, labelling and scanning the finished product and made sure it is taken to the correct location
- Managing the inbound and outbound deliveries, making sure the procedures and paperwork are correctly completed.
- Monitoring and controlling the packing lines and machines
- Ensuring that all areas are clean and kept tidy at all times
What are we looking for?
Our client is looking for colleagues to bring a positive enthusiasm to the working environment, enabling them to perform at their best every time they come to work. As well as this, they are looking for;
- Someone who is driven and determined to progress
- Organisation skills, able to use own initiative and have excellent concentration skills
- Ability to work in a rotational shift pattern 6am-6pm & 6pm-6am (48 hours per week)
- Forklift truck licence is desirable, but full training will be provided
- Able to comply with Food Safety and Hygiene Legislation
- Due to the location, you must have your own transport and live within 20 miles of Dalton Airfield.
What's on offer
- A starting salary of £22,813 p/annum with the right training, motivation and commitment, rising to £24,585 p/annum.
- A structured induction programme to integrate you into the company and production process
- A generous pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- A staff shop
- Free parking at all the sites
- Team days out
- A cycle to work scheme upon qualification criteria
Packing / Packer / Packing Operator / Factory Worker / Warehouse Worker / Manufacturing / Line Operator /