As the Trainee Accounts Assistant you will be reporting to the Finance Director and an integral part of a small finance team, providing a high level of service in the delivery of the role. The successful candidate will be responsible for Timely and accurate maintenance of the Financial records. Due to the size of the team, the individual in this post will be involved in many areas of the Finance function with a variety of tasks and exciting challenges.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales Ledger duties:
* Sales Ledger maintenance.
* Credit control ensuring all Sales Ledger debt is collected in a timely manner.
* Credit limit management.
* Credit insurance declaration.
* Customer credit card payments.
* Maintaining the Sales Ledger.
* Receivables period end.
Purchase ledger duties:
* Purchase invoice processing, including the coding, authorisation and posting of directly coded invoices.
* Managing the automated purchase order invoice processing system.
* Supplier statement reconciliation.
* Supplier payment runs, including international payments.
* Responding to invoice queries.
* Maintaining the purchase ledger.
* Payables period end.
* Planning, organising and prioritising workload to ensure deadlines are met.
* Daily cashbook posting, ensuring all monies are allocated correctly.
* Bank reconciliations.
* Processing foreign currency requests.
* Processing journals as required.
* Monthly period end reports.
* Organising company fuel cards
* Communicating with internal and external customers, ensuring an optimal level of customer care, providing support to others within the department.
* Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team.
* Any other Ad Hoc finance duties required.
The ideal candidate would be qualified to AAT level 2 or Qualified by experience, a good understanding of double entry, driven and motivated with a high attention to detail.