This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Manager who is looking to take the next step and develop their career in an innovative Brand Name company that uses cutting edge technology. You must have experience working within the food manufacturing industry.
This is a high profile role where you will enjoy visibility within the organisation developing new ways of working to improve cost effective plant improvements and will manage a team of skilled electrical and mechanical engineers and working rotas.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of engineers to diagnose mechanical and electrical breakdowns, assessing the best course of action and conducting a root cause investigation to eliminate the likelihood of re-occurrence.
- Able to demonstrate clear leadership qualities, identifying breakdown root cause, implement corrective actions, implementing control and mistake proof solutions to avoid repeat breakdown all together.
- Project lead for all installations, overhaul of equipment and plant, working with suppliers to ensure they deliver on time, on budget and with minimum disruption
- Leading the implementation of a factory wide PM system using the current Process Control System, and ensuring PM activity is carried out during factory downtime at the correct frequency to an agreed standard.
- Responsible for the people agenda of the Engineering team including communication, performance management, training and development
- Experience in driving departmental change through effective KPIs and in turn, individual KPIs and standards for individuals in line with the company's appraisal processes
- Ensure that all projects are engineered to scope, budget and relevant standard and regulatory compliance.
- Fulfilling a key role within part of the site management team, being fully accountable and reporting on assets and ancillary plant downtime across site.
- Budgetary management/control you will be responsible for the day to day management of the site repair and maintenance (R&M) including internal and external labour budgets.
- Implement safe systems work and managing 3rd party site engineering works, liaising with the operations team to ensure that plant critical repairs minimise plant disruption or managed out of hours.
- Continuous improvement of engineering ways of working to ensure improved equipment performance. A six sigma qualification would be desirable but not essential however knowledge of continuous tools and techniques is essential
With a good knowledge of both mechanical and electrical engineering you will have ideally progressed your career from a hands on engineer through to supervision and then management.
Key Words: Maintenance, Manufacturing Engineer,Engineering Manager, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plant