- Machine / Production Operator
- £26,744 p/annum (inc contracted over time)
- Permanent, full-time position
- Excellent Training + Pension Plan + Childcare Vouchers + Free Parking + Staff Discounts
Our client is the leading complete dry pet food manufacturer in the UK and they are now looking for a Machine / Production Operator to join their Extrusion Team.
What will you do as a Machine / Production Operator?
You will be working in a busy and fast-moving food production environment.
It's not your typical manufacturing setting - our client has heavily invested in creating highly automated and computerised working environment where you will be surrounded by latest technology and equipment and trained every step of the way.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the highest level of quality is maintained throughout the production
- Ensuring the efficient and effective production of product on a specific operating line
- Minimising waste of raw materials, products, packaging, chemicals and water whilst undertaking duties in the department
- Setup of dies and controlling of mixtures for the correct product
- Correct selection and labelling of finished product
- Driving forklift trucks (training is provided)
- Ensuring that all areas are clear and kept tidy at all times
What is required from you?
- Our client is looking for someone who is driven and determined to progress
- Previous experience of working in a food manufacturing or similar environment
- Ability to work in a rotational shift pattern 6am-6pm & 6pm-6am (48 hours p/w + 3 hours contracted overtime)
- Organisation skills, able to use own initiative and have excellent concentration skills
- Forklift truck licence is desirable, but full training will be provided
- Able to comply with Food Safety and Hygiene Legislation
- Due to the location, you must have your own transport and live within 20 miles of Dalton Airfield
What are the Benefits?
In addition to a full training and opportunities to progress, there's also a fantastic salary and benefits package on offer:
- Starting base salary of £26,744/annum (inc contracted overtime)
- Potential for salary increase to £28,382/annum (inc contracted overtime) after full training
- Pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff shop
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme upon qualification criteria
- Team days out
- Full on-going training and an individual performance development plan
Please apply via the button or link shown. We will contact you to discuss your experience in more detail and tell you more about our client and the position.
Production Operative / production / production packer / warehouse / food manufacturer / processor / Machine Operative / Production Operative / Mixing / Blending / Formulating / Milling / Food Production / Food / Production / Manufacturing / Stacking / Cleaning